Hi! Just a heads-up that our links may redirect you to products via the Amazon Affiliates program. You will receive NO additional fees for clicking.
Dripping with ghoulish slime, these votive holders add spook to any Halloween setting. Hang from porch rafters or in tree branches in the front yard to help cast a creepy light over trick-or-treaters and party-goers.
Look for inexpensive globe light covers at charity shops and home improvement resale stores like the Habitat Re-store, or at your local hardware store.
- Rimmed glass jar or globe covers (replacement covers for porch lamps)
- Green or black glass paint
- 12 gauge wire
- Wire cutters
- Needle nose pliers
- Votive candles
- Cut three lengths of wire for each votive to the length you require for hanging, around two feet is ideal. Using the needle nose pliers, form a small hook at the end of each piece.
- Cut a fourth piece of wire long enough to wrap twice around the neck of the glass globe. Wrap once around the neck, inserting each of the hooked ends of the hanging wires so that they are evenly spaced around the neck. Wrap the wire a second time and twist the ends to secure in place.
- Twist the tops of the hanging wires together and then form into a larger hook for hanging.
- Pour a generous amount of glass paint along the top rim of the cover, making sure it coats the whole of the rim. Continue to apply paint so that it drips down the inside of the globe in globby streaks.
- Hang the glass in a warm place to dry.
- Once dry, insert a votive candle into the bottom of each globe, light and hang in place.