Thirsty for something darkly different for your Halloween party? How about an eerie party punch? We’re grimly glad to deliver this sweet offering (with a little bite!) from guest contributor Sarah Briggs.
- 1 two-liter bottle of ginger ale or Sprite
- 1 packet of black cherry Kool-Aid
- 12 oz of frozen berries (a mix of strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries), thawed
- 1/2 of a 750-ml bottle of Dekuyper’s Pomegranate liqueur*
- 5 cups of clear rum or vodka
- 1 packet of Pop Rocks Candy, for special effects (optional)
*For a non-alcoholic punch, simply leave out the alcoholic ingredients. Your punch will still look – and taste – bloody good!
Grab a black cauldron (or other eerie beverage server) and begin cackling. (This part is important! Got to have ambiance, don’t’cha know.) IMPORTANT: Thoroughly chill all ingredients before beginning.
- For the “scabs,” mash berries using a potato masher or process in a blender for 30 seconds.
- Combine grape soda, cherry Kool-Aid, berries and alcohol in the cauldron . . . ahem, your punch bowl.
- When you are ready to serve, wave your hands over the bowl and recite: “Double, double, toil and trouble. Fire burn and cauldron bubble…!”
- Pour in the Pop Rocks immediately before the party – they’ll make the punch snap, crackle and pop for the next several minutes!
Mmm. The Black Death never tasted so good!