Thirsty for something darkly different for your Halloween party? How about an eerie party punch that recalls a horrific plague that tortured sufferers with boils and turned entire villages into ghosts? Mmm! Today give you guest contributor Sarah Briggs’ deliciously dark tutorial. Drink up!
- 1 two-liter bottle of ginger ale or Sprite
- 1 packet of black cherry Kool-Aid
- 12 oz of frozen berries (a mix of strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries), thawed
- 1/2 of a 750-ml bottle of Dekuyper’s Pomegranate liqueur (substitute for raspberry liqueur or blackberry Schnapps)
- 5 cups of clear rum or vodka
- 1 packet of Pop Rocks Candy, for special effects (optional)
For a non-alcoholic punch, simply leave out the alcoholic ingredients. Your punch will still look bloody good!
Grab a black cauldron and begin cackling. This is an evil, though very tasty, brew! Thoroughly chill all ingredients before beginning.
- For the “scabs,” mash berries using a potato masher or process in a blender for 30 seconds.
- Combine grape soda, cherry Kool-Aid, berries and alcohol in the cauldron . . . urr, a punch bowl.
- When you are ready to serve, wave your hands over the bowl and recite: “Boil, boil, toil and trouble. Cauldron burn and cauldron bubble…!”
- Pour in the Pop Rocks-they will make the punch snap, crackle and pop for the next several minutes!
Mmm. The Black Death never tasted so good!