NOTICE: In order to keep our site FREE to readers, we may receive a commission qualifying purchases through the Amazon Associates program. Thanks!
Thirsty for something darkly different for your Halloween party? How about an eerie party punch? We’re grimly glad to deliver this sweet offering (with a little bite!) from guest contributor Sarah Briggs.
- 1 two-liter bottle of ginger ale, Sprite, blackberry soda, or your soda of choice
- 1 packet of black cherry Kool-Aid
- 12 oz of frozen berries (a mix of strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries), thawed
- 1/2 of a 750-ml bottle of Dekuyper’s Pomegranate liqueur*
- 5 cups of clear rum or vodka
- 1 packet of Pop Rocks Candy, for special effects (optional)
*For a non-alcoholic punch, simply leave out the alcoholic ingredients. Your punch will still look – and taste – bloody good!
Grab a black cauldron (or other eerie beverage server) and begin cackling. (This part is important! Got to have ambiance, don’t’cha know.) IMPORTANT: Thoroughly chill all ingredients before beginning.
- For the “scabs,” mash berries using a potato masher or process in a blender for 30 seconds.
- Combine soda, cherry Kool-Aid, berries and alcohol in the cauldron … sorry, your punch bowl.
- When you are ready to serve, wave your hands over the bowl and recite: “Double, double, toil and trouble. Fire burn and cauldron bubble…!”
- Pour in the Pop Rocks immediately before the party – they’ll make the punch snap, crackle and pop for the next several minutes!
Mmm. The Black Death never tasted so good!