We may earn a commission from products linked in this post.
As you can see below, this Halloween dessert looks really gross, just the way kids and kids-at-heart like it! However, it’s actually quite tasty – a perfect mix of sweet and tart. Kids will love digging out the worms and other ghoulish goodies from the Jell-O. If you have a Jell-O Mold, you could also make this in a mold. If not, just use a clear glass bowl.
- 1 six oz container of lime gelatin
- 3/4 cup assorted Halloween themed gummy candies-spiders, worms, body parts, etc.
- 3/4 cup green grapes, for eyeballs
- 1/2 envelope black cherry Kool-Aid mix (about 1 tablespoon)
- Pour the gelatin mix into a medium bowl.
- Boil 2 cups of water, and stir the boiling water into the gelatin until the gelatin has dissolved.
- Stir in 2 cups of cold water.
- Place the gelatin in the refrigerator to chill for an hour and half.
- Take the gelatin out of the refrigerator. It should have a thick consistency but not be entirely firm yet. Pour 1/2 of the gelatin into a clear glass bowl.
- Put 1/2 of the gummy candies and the grapes into the gelatin. They should sink just under the surface but not go all the way to the bottom.
- Pour the rest of the gelatin on top, and then add the rest of the gummies and the grapes.
- Sprinkle the black cherry Kool-Aid mix on top of the gelatin and use a fork to swirl it around.
- Return the gelatin to the refrigerator for 2 more hours, until it is completely firm.
- Dip into bowls and serve.