NOTICE: In order to keep our site FREE to readers, we may receive a commission qualifying purchases through the Amazon Associates program. Thanks!
We welcome guest contributions and are pleased to share this game idea. Scare up some fun this Halloween with Ghost Hunting!
As a youngster, I participated in a cool game that I just KNOW would make a great addition to any party, kids or adults – so I’ve decided to share it!
It’s goofy enough to get in some good laughs, and kids will go wild with fun with this awesome idea. I call the game Ghost Hunting, and it involves you, a ghost, and some stomping just for good measure.
On spooky, creepy Halloween night, it’s just you and your ghostly ally against the rest! For best results, have at least five players. The more the merrier!
- Black marker
- Glow stick bracelets or necklaces
- Glow-in-the-dark balloons/white balloons and a black light
How to Play
- Each player grabs a balloon and blows it up.
- Next, draw the creepiest ghoul face you can muster. The scarier the face, the more likely your opponents will wet themselves, and therefore give you more time for stomping! Also, don’t forget to name him. Something not too out of the ordinary…Dexter, William, Casper, anything you wish.
- If by any chance your little friend should fall due to the enemy during combat, you are obligated to call out your ghost’s name and ask why. I shall demonstrate for you… “POP!! No, Dexterrrrrrrrr!Whyyyyyyyyy???!!!!”
- Next, tie your scary teammate to your ankle. Don’t have too much string between the two of you, or he will be near impossible to defend. However, you don’t want him right on your heal either, unless you like bleeding heals 🙂
- Finally, throw on some glow sticks to avoid crashing into each other, and hit the lights! If using a black light to make the white balloons glow, turn that one on now. If you start feeling something touching you but don’t see any glow sticks nearby, stay calm, you are merely being groped by an actual ghost. So be sure you all decide on a safe word before you hit the lights…tee hee!
- No grabbing or holding any opponents.
- No non-ghost allies.
- No covering your ghost.
- Once your ghost has passed on to the next world, you must sit out. Do not attempt to stomp anymore ghosts.
- The partner of the last ghost standing wins!
- Have multiple ghosts attached per game. Three on the same ankle for example.
- Team ups. Four vs. four for example. (Two Ghosts and Two Humans.)
- No glow sticks. (This is a more dangerous version, and therefore more awesome!)
Happy ghost hunting, and happy Halloween!