Meatloaf is delicious no matter how you slice it (see what we did there?). Add bacon and a sweet, tangy glaze and now it’s a monster of a meal!
This super-fun recipe is one the kids can help with and is simple to prepare, yet it makes a perfect, creepy centerpiece for your party table. Here’s how to make your own bacon-wrapped mummy meatloaf for your Halloween party table.
- 2 lbs. ground beef OR 1 lb. ground beef + 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (reserve several slices for eyes & teeth)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c. bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- dash black pepper
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 c. ketchup
- 4-6 slices bacon
- 3/4 c. ketchup
- 1 T. brown sugar barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix together all Meat Loaf ingredients except for bacon. Make sure the ingredients are mixed well.
- Place loaf in baking pan and press into the shape of a face (with lower half narrower than upper half).
- Mix together Glaze ingredients. Pour over loaf and spread until evenly coated.
- Add onion slices for eyes and teeth.
- Wrap bacon across and around loaf as shown. If you wish, tuck the ends of the bacon underneath the loaf. We left a piece or two out so it would give a cool “unraveling” effect.
- Bake 60-75 minutes, until loaf has reached an internal temperature of 160F.
- Cool 20 minutes before serving.