Severed fingers with rotted black fingernails . . . hungry yet? A twist on the traditional pigs in a blanket, these delicious digits are simple to prepare, yet they look wonderfully gruesome on an appetizer platter.
Dig in to this phreaky phalanges with the fun recipe below.
Monster Finger Ingredients
- 2 cans of refrigerated crescent roll dough (each can should make 8 crescent rolls)
- 1 16-oz package of cocktail smokies (cocktail weenies)
- sliced almonds to use as nails
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- If you’re not using a nonstick pan, use Pam or olive oil spray in a light mist over entire top surface of pan.
- Open one can of crescent rolls and unroll the dough.
- Place one triangular piece of crescent roll dough on the cookie sheet.
- Put a cocktail weenie in the wide end of the dough triangle. Roll the dough around the sausage. You should have one layer of dough covering it completely with no edges peeking out. This is the base of the finger – you will still have some crescent roll dough left over.
- Roll the remaining dough to form the rest of the finger, tapering it at the end and rounding it off so it looks realistic.
- Put an almond slice on the end of the finger. Tuck the edges into the dough so that it looks like a fingernail.
- Use a knife to score “wrinkles” into the knuckle.
- Put the fingers in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, until they are golden brown.
Point this platter in the direction of your ghoulish guests, and enjoy!