The Black Death . . . A dreaded plague that wiped out much of Europe in the 14th century. First, the patients broke out into black boils. After that came fever and delirium. Death ultimately followed. This potent adults-only fruit punch brings the magic of the black plague to your Halloween party!
- 1 two-liter bottle of
grape sodaginger-ale or Sprite (grape soda is too sweet)
- 1 packet of black cherry Kool-Aid
- 1 12 oz of frozen berries (a mix of strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries), thawed
- 1/2 of a 750 ml bottle of Dekuyper’s Pomegranate liqueur (substitute for raspberry liqueur or blackberry schnapps.)
- 5 cups of clear rum or vodka
- 1 packet of Pop Rocks Candy, for special effects (optional)
Grab a black cauldron and begin cackling. This is an evil, though very tasty, brew! Thoroughly chill all ingredients before beginning.
- For the “scabs,” mash berries using a potato masher or process in a blender for 30 seconds.
- Combine grape soda, cherry Kool-Aid, berries and alcohol in the cauldron . . . urr, a punch bowl.
- When you are ready to serve, wave your hands over the bowl and recite: “Boil, boil, toil and trouble. Cauldron burn and cauldron bubble…!”
- Pour in the Pop Rocks-they will make the punch snap, crackle and pop for the next several minutes!
The black death never tasted so good!