Halloween Alliance supports and encourages creativity in the wild, wonderful world of Halloween, haunting and holidays.
With that in mind, we’re always looking for new and interesting articles from our readership.
We welcome and will consider for publication articles or tutorials for ANY of the following:
- Halloween/haunted house prop tutorials, recipes, costume or party ideas
- List-style articles or tutorials (“10 Best,” “5 Scariest,” “6 Easiest Steps to,” etc.)
- Biographies of/interviews with horror-genre personalities (actors/actresses, horror authors, artists, etc.)
- Haunted locales, legends, or haunted attractions
- Book, movie or music reviews
- If you’d like us to review your product, book, or movie, let us know!
If we accept your article*, you will be compensated in one of the following two ways:
- Our rate for a quality, Copyscape-passed, 500-word article WITH a minimum of 2 (two) images is $25.
- Our rate for a 300-word recipe or news item WITH a minimum of 1 (one) image is $15.
* Articles written to include promotional information/links for a company will be accepted at our discretion. If your article is accepted, it may include two links (pending our approval; no spam, moneymaking courses, etc., please) to the company or product. Cross-promotional articles are NOT compensated by Halloween Alliance. Your compensation is the form of the linkbacks. We look forward to working with you!
- ALL copy must be 100% original (your own writing).
- Submissions must be accompanied by images (see Submission Guidelines below for the specifics). Your images MUST be owned by you (not copyrighted by/the property of another party) OR from a royalty-free, public-use site such as Pixabay. You may submit video; this must either be your own video, or from Youtube or another public-share site, with embed URL.
- We reserve the right to edit your article for flow, grammar, and a polished, professional tone that matches the personality of halloweenalliance.com.
- You MUST accept Paypal for payment of your accepted submission. If you do not have Paypal, we will not be able to accept and pay for your article.
- Submit your article or tutorial/idea to email@example.com.
- Type ARTICLE SUBMISSION in the subject line.
- For a completed article, attach a 500-word document in Word or a Word-compatible format.
- For a recipe or news item, attach a 300-word document in Word or a Word-compatible format.
- Images are REQUIRED for all submissions. Attach, in jpeg or .png format, at least 2 (two) clear, quality photos (think Pinterest-style) related to your 500-word article OR at least 1 (one) clear, quality photo related to your recipe or news item. For news pieces or bios, publicity shots may be submitted if you include the source URL so we may obtain permission for use.
- Include a brief author bio (50 words or less).
- We will let you know within 30 days whether your submission has been accepted.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Halloween Alliance contributor!