Hi! Just a heads-up that our links may redirect you to products via the Amazon Affiliates program. You will receive NO additional fees for clicking.
Meatloaf is delicious no matter how you slice it (see what we did there?). Add bacon and a sweet, tangy glaze and now it’s a monster of a meal!
This super-fun recipe is one the kids can help with and is simple to prepare, yet it makes a perfect, creepy centerpiece for your party table. Here’s how to make your own bacon-wrapped mummy meatloaf for your Halloween party table.
- 2 lbs. ground beef OR 1 lb. ground beef + 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (reserve several slices for eyes & teeth)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c. bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- dash black pepper
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 c. ketchup
- 4-6 slices bacon
- 3/4 c. ketchup
- 1 T. brown sugar barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix together all Meat Loaf ingredients except for bacon. Make sure the ingredients are mixed well.
- Place loaf in baking pan and press into the shape of a face (with lower half narrower than upper half).
- Mix together Glaze ingredients. Pour over loaf and spread until evenly coated.
- Add onion slices for eyes and teeth.
- Wrap bacon across and around loaf as shown. If you wish, tuck the ends of the bacon underneath the loaf. We left a piece or two out so it would give a cool “unraveling” effect.
- Bake 60-75 minutes, until loaf has reached an internal temperature of 160F.
- Cool 20 minutes before serving.